Cellulite Reduction Tips
Cellulite! Yuck! Everyone hates hearing that word. Ninety percent of us have it in one stage or the other and we all want to find the cure. Many of us try to lose weight assuming it will all go away but cellulite is not regular fat that is metabolized by the body when we diet. It is in fact, the weakening of the connective tissue and skin cells that allows the fat cells to push into the middle layer of the skin (dermis) which we see as the lumps and bumps we refer to as cellulite. Normal fat lies below the skin not within the skin as cellulite does. Hormonal periods such as pregnancy can make it much easier for cellulite to raise its ugly head. The only way to defeat cellulite is to repair the dermis and the epidermis. This is primary done through nutritional changes as well as decreasing environmental damage.
Here are our top 10 picks for reducing cellulite:
1. Start Strength Training twice per week focusing on your problems areas such as thighs:
Include exercises such as lunges, squats and deadlifts into your routine.
2. Start doing cardio three times per week to help reduce your body fat
3. Drink more water: water helps to flush toxins out of your body and the more toxins you have built up the more obvious those bumps become. Long periods of Dehydration is a major cause of cellulite. Besides the hormone changes, dehydration is one of the reasons cellulite can appear during pregnancy. With an increase in blood volume, many pregnant women fail to drink enough water to rehydrate themselves and flush out toxins.
4. Dry Skin Brushing
5. Massage: massages help to increase blood flow to the skin as well as flush out toxins. Its also a great way to reduce stress.
6. Cut out the junk: No fatty meats, fried foods, full fat dairy, sugar, sodas including diet, refined carbohydrates such as white bread or pasta
7. Start eating a clean diet: one that is low fat, minimally processed and rich in antioxidants: Whole grain breads, past, fruits, vegetables, fish etc
8. Take your vitamins and EFA: Make sure you take a multi-vitamin to fill in any nutritional gaps. Essential fatty acids are good for hormonal balance and helping your body burn fat.
9. Aromatherapy: This is one of my favorites! Forget cellulite, its great for relaxing. Add a few drops of drops of essential oil to a tub of warm water with a cup of dead sea salts. I like to add some Avon Skin so soft as well! Yum!!!
10. Try Kundalini Yoga: Yoga that focuses on deep breathing exercises.